Register for this Session
Welcome and thank you for registering in an Evidence At Your Fingertips education session!
Learn how to design a literature search. Topics include developing a question, selecting sources, identifying search terms, devising a search strategy, conducting a search in MEDLINE, refining results, and accessing the articles. 60 minutes.
- Formulate a searchable question using the PICO model
- Develop a search strategy by identifying and combining appropriate keywords and synonyms
- Select an appropriate database or other source of evidence
- Conduct a search using MEDLINE or CINAHL’s basic search interface
- Refine search results using available fields and limiters
- Retrieve the full-text of articles where available
Who should attend?
People who want to search the literature more effectively; those who need to conduct comprehensive, well-designed searches for information; and, those who want a refresher on the basics.